Last night I made my very first veggie burger. They tasted oh so delicious! They were quick and easy to make so I expect to make these tasty burgers often.
These burgers do not taste like your typical fast food but if you are choosing not to eat meat you can whip these up quickly and have a pretty good burger.
If you’ve been eating store-bought veggie burgers you may have noticed some of the mystery ingredients in those. The craziest thing in the burger is quinoa and I think we can agree that it’s good for you. If you’d like to try your hand at making your own veggie burger try these.
Red Bean & Quinoa Veggie Burger
- 1 15 oz. can of Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup cooked quinoa
- ⅛ cup onion, diced
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the beans or puree them in the blender or food processor.
- Mix the beans, quinoa and diced onion together.
- Add in all the spices, feel free to try other combinations.
- Add in the tomato sauce and mix everything together.
- Form patties with your hands and cook on a cookie sheet.
- Bake patties in the oven for 12-15 minutes then flip and cook on the other side for 12-15 more minutes.
Serve these burgers on a whole grain bun with all of your favorite burger fixings. Pile on the lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, mustard, and even guacamole as pictured above.