If you are looking for something a little out of the ordinary I invite you to try a Smoothie Bowl.
I know, I’m not really a smoothie drinker but sometimes smoothies are an easy dessert or meal on the go. A smoothie bowl is even more fun! You family will be delighted at this gluten-free treat that is made from fruit and a little bit of plant-based milk.
This bowl reminds me of when I was a kid. We’d regularly have ice cream as a dessert. I would usually add milk to mine and make it more of a milk shake consistency but still eat in from a bowl.
This Smoothie Bowl is very sweet, thanks to the strawberry and banana but the extra added fruit help me feel like I’m having something with a little more substance.
- 4 ounces plant-based milk
- 1 banana
- 6 frozen strawberries
- 1 banana
- 6 fresh strawberries
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp. hemp seeds (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. raw pepitas (optional)
- Pour plant-based milk into a high-powered blender.
- Add the banana and frozen strawberries.
- Blend in blender until smooth and pour into bowls.
- Top with fresh sliced banana and strawberries, blueberries and seeds.
You can change up your Smoothie Bowl to cater to your cravings. Who’s to say you can’t add some Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips on top of your Smoothie Bowl.
Sweets For Your Sweeties
I’ve partnered with some of my favorite gluten-free bloggers to offer you an incredible round-up and giveaway. All of these recipes are gluten-free but may contained ingredients that are not plant-based.
15 Sweets for Your Sweeties – Gluten-free recipes to share with your loved ones for Valentine’s Day or anytime. Listed in the order they appear in the photo, left to right, row by row:
- Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies from Sarah Bakes Gluten free
- Gluten Free Raspberry Chocolate Truffle Brownie Bombs from Flippin’ Delicious
- Royalty Cookies from Gluten-Free Palate
- Gluten-Free Dye-Free Red Velvet Cupcakes from gfJules
- Chocolate Love Cakes from My Gluten-free Kitchen
- Gluten-Free Sweet Tortilla Pizza from Allergy Free Alaska
- Cookies and Cream Truffles from Vegetarian Mamma
- Chocolate Truffles from Learning to Eat Allergy Free
- Double Chocolate Cookie Cups from Making it Milk Free
- Smoothie Bowl from My Plant-Based Family
- Gluten Free Cookie Dough Brownie Cake (Vegan) from Petite Allergy Treats
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites from Iowa Girl Eats
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza from Faithfully Gluten Free
- Ooey Gooey Red Velvet Cookies from Gluten Free Frenzy
- The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie from Only Taste Matters
This is a wonderful (and delicious) collection of recipes! Make sure you visit them and add them to your “I’ve got to make this” list.
KitchenAid Giveaway (Giveaway is Closed)
We have teamed up to offer a KitchenAid 5-Qt. (Artisan Design Series with Glass Bowl) Mixer with a Stainless Steel Bowl. Plus, you get to pick the color! How cool is that?
Open to U.S. residents only,18 and older. Winners will have 48 hours to respond before new winner picked. Contest ends 2/10 at 11:59pm Mountain Time.
This page contains affiliate links.