Tomorrow marks my 1 year blogiversary. It’s also my husbands birthday. My birthday was New Year’s Eve so we have all kinds of celebrating going on here.
I thought the best way to celebrate 1 year of blogging was to list some of the highs and lows from the last year.
- I’ve made a lot of great friends in the blogosphere and some new friends in the real world.
- Healthy Cravings got off to a great start.
- We’ve had a lot of friends make the change to a plant-based diet.
- I realized my youngest son has a gluten intolerance and had to reevaluate they way we ate…again.
- I created a bunch of original recipes and had a blast in the process.
- I hosted or co-hosted a lot of parties and meetings.
- My post What to Eat, What to Eat part 2 and What to Eat part 3 where the most popular post of the year.
- I participated in the Vegan MoFo during the month of October.
- I shared recipes for Gluten-Free Apple Muffins and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins for the Virtual Vegan Potluck.
- The blog readership surpassed my expectations.
- Although I have a lot to learn I think I’ve come a long way. 🙂
- Our daughter moved in with us this summer but moved back to her mom’s right before Christmas.
- I went on my first women’s retreat and loved it.
- One of my dearest friends had a stroke and continues to recover. This event shaped everything else and I’ll always remember it as being the “biggest” thing in 2012.
- We took our annual trip back to Oklahoma and Texas to visit family. I got to travel solo to Texas to visit my dad in the fall.
- I started helping out in the children’s ministries at our church and have loved every minute of it.
- I stopped nursing! This marks the first time since 2008 that I haven’t been pregnant or nursing or both. I admit I sometimes miss it but I love the freedom.
- My husband and I celebrated 7 years of marriage, 6 years in Arizona and 5 years (almost 6) at our church. Our boys will be turning 2 and 4 in the next few month.
- I have a number of recipes I need to post including blueberry muffins, gluten-free chocolate cake, and chocolate frosting.
- More stories from other plant-based families.
- I hope to host more parties.
- Our oldest will be graduating high school in Michigan.
- I’ll strive to be a better wife, patient mom, consistent housekeeper, healthier cook, persistent in prayer, faithful in bible reading, a more contentious friend and more helpful blogger.
Thank you all for hanging out with me this year! It has been a pleasure spending time with you!