Shhh…I have a secret.
Spaghetti Squash is the secret ingredient in my BBQ Sandwich. I know, you thought I was going to use jack fruit like lots of other bloggers. While I hear it is delicious I’ve never seen it or tried it. I’m all about easy to find, inexpensive ingredients. Of course if I ever see jack fruit in the store I’ll be sure to try it too!
We have tried, and I mean really tried to enjoy Spaghetti Squash. I recently took a poll on Facebook to find out how everyone else makes it and it seemed like most people saute theirs butter or oil. While neither of those appeal to me I decided to try a little saute myself, except I’m using Barbecue Sauce.
Vegan BBQ Sandwich
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 bottle of your favorite Barbecue Sauce (I use Organicville’s Original BBQ Sauce)
- 1 package buns (we use gluten-free buns)
- Prepare Spaghetti Squash as mentioned HERE.
- Carefully remove squash from the Crock Pot and allow to cool slightly.
- Use a fork to rake out the spaghetti squash and put it in a small skillet.
- Pour you favorite barbecue sauce over the squash and mix well.
- All the sauce to mix well with the squash then scoop it onto buns.
These BBQ Sandwiches are perfect for a pot luck. You could even return the BBQ Spaghetti Squash to the Crock Pot for transport and to keep it warm. Serve leftover on top of baked potatoes. We enjoyed these sandwiches with pasta salad. I’ll share that recipe soon!
While Spaghetti Squash will never be our family’s favorite thing to eat this recipe is certainly our favorite way to eat it so far. My 3 year old loved it the most. He finished his in record time.
Do you like Spaghetti Squash?