I want to eat a healthy breakfast but some days I don’t have the time to cook. Overnight Oats are a healthy option for busy mornings.
You know I love my Instant Pot Oatmeal but Overnight Oats are even faster. Just spend a few minutes before bed and a few minutes in the morning for an easy breakfast.
Overnight Oats are also perfect for travel! Just bring a bowl or jar with the oats pre-measured. Then pick up some plant milk and fruit at your destination. Easy peasy!
- ½ cup oats (I used old-fashioned oats)
- ½ cup plant milk
- ½ banana, diced very small
- ¼ cup chopped strawberries
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- sweeten to taste with maple syrup
- In a bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, maple syrup and milk, mix until combined.
- Allow to sit in the fridge overnight.
- Dice the bananas and slice the strawberries.
- Mix the banana with the overnight oats, then add the strawberries and top with blueberries.
I love bananas and add them to almost all my overnight oats because they are so sweet. I’m really focused on cutting down my sugar intake. Bananas add the sweetness I want. Sometimes I’ll add a touch of maple syrup too.
If strawberries, bananas and blueberries aren’t your thing try raisins or peaches or diced apples.
Sometimes I’ll get a little “fancy” and add fresh ginger or hemp seeds. Really, you can add whatever you like. The fruit is completely optional.
For more information on oatmeal and to see my favorite oatmeal picks check out my Ultimate Oatmeal Guide.
Check out more delicious breakfast recipes on my Breakfast Page!