She shoots, she scores! Yes, this recipe was a huge success in our house. I’ve made it many times but never shared it with you. Well, today is your lucky day. This recipe was inspired by Laura at Heavenly Homemakers and her recipe for Taco Potatoes. She includes meat, heavy cream and cheese her recipe so I’ve adapted it to make it plant-strong!
- Cooked Baked Potatoes (1 per person)
- 2 cups Quinoa “Taco Meat” OR Quinoa-Lentil Tacos
- 2 cups of cooked black beans OR 1 can of drained and rinsed beans (optional)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup plain plant-based yogurt (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- 1/2 cup corn
- Cut cooked potatoes in half and scoop out some of the potato. I just cubed the potato for my kids.
- Fill the void with beans and quinoa.
- Top with your choice of fresh salsa, plant-based yogurt (for a tangy topping reminiscent of sour cream), guacamole and corn.
My husband and I LOVED this! My kids not as much. My two year old mostly wanted to eat all of the fresh salsa but he did finish his potato and quinoa. The 4 year old probably would have done better if all of the food was separated but he ate it.
This would be so easy to take to a potluck and is easy to throw together with leftovers.
This recipe was shared at Gluten Free Friday’s hosted at Vegetarian Mamma!