Fresh Blueberries are popping up in my Meal Plans. We eat them for snacks, mixed in our breakfasts and I’m even creating a Blueberry Vinaigrette that my kids adore. My absolute favorite way to eat blueberries is in this oatmeal. Make sure you buy Certified Gluten-Free Oats of gluten is an issue for you.
- Rolled Oats and Water
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup of blueberries per person
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla per person
- 1/4 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp hemp seeds
- a few Tbsp almonds or walnuts (optional)
- Cook oatmeal according to package directions.
- Allow oatmeal to cool for a few minutes then stir in blueberries, a generous shake of cinnamon, vanilla and seeds.
This is perfect for breakfast or brunch but taste so good I’ve considered it for dessert. 🙂 I don’t measure anything out when I make it so feel free to increase or decrease ingredients to suit your taste. If you are missing an ingredient don’t fret, just skip it or substitute something else. Missing blueberries try raspberries or strawberries; no seeds, just toss in a few nuts for crunch.
What is your favorite way to eat oatmeal?