Last week was Meal Planning Week here at My Plant-Based Family. After focusing on Meal Planning for a week it makes coming up with another Meal Plan the last thing on my mind. I’ve been procrastinating for hours. In the mean time I’m let me kids play out, I ate leftover birthday cake (for breakfast), a Chickpea Salad Sandwich (for snack), got tax documents together and took care of mommy stuff like changing diapers and singing songs.
I finally started checking my fridge, pantry and freezer to get meal ideas for the week.
Plant-Based Meal Plan
I’ve been changing up my breakfast routine. For years, I ate oatmeal every morning but my youngest can’t have oats (even gluten-free oats) so I’ve been shying away from them. Recently Sarah at Gazing In published her latest book Oats Gone Wild that has rekindled my interest.
- Oatmeal from Oats Gone Wild
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Breakfast Hash (I still need to get this recipe posted)
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins (I baked some in a donut pan)
I like to rely on leftovers for lunch when I have time. I’ll often make my kids a quick sandwich, the sooner lunch is done the sooner we can attempt nap time.
- Leftover Chickpea Salad on toast
- Soynut Butter Sandwiches with fresh fruit (I just discovered and love Soynut Butter)
- Veggie Stuffed Pita
- Taco Soup
- A giant salad with leftovers
Our afternoons and early evenings are Very busy these days. I’ll be sticking to easy entrée’s when possible and making some of these meals early in the day and reheating them just before dinner.
- Baked Potatoes with Steam Broccoli and my brown gravy
- Bean Burgers with Green Beans and Baked Potatoes
- White Enchiladas with Cilantro-Lime Quinoa
- An Asian Noodle Dish (I don’t have a specific recipe in mind yet)
On a side note, my ebook The Plant-Based Diet Starter Guide: How to Cook, Shop and Eat Well is now available on Amazon. You can still get it as a PDF copy at my store. Read a review and get a coupon code that is good for 25% off through the 28th at Pursue A Healthy You.