Stir Fry’s are a great way to add extra veggies to your meal. When don’t use oil so when I say, “stir fry” I don’t mean I’m frying anything. This Chickpea Quinoa Stir Fry is oil-free and delicious. Even my two year old gobbled it up and continued to steal it off of my plate long after his was eaten.
I think the unexpected but delicious pineapple brings it to a whole new level. If you can’t get fresh pineapple you can use mango.
When making stir frys, ok most things I cook, measurements are just guidelines based on what I like and what veggies we have available. Feel free to alter the ingredients or measurements to suit your families taste.
Chickpea Quinoa Stir Fry
- ½ cup of an onion, diced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cut cauliflower
- ½ c sliced mushrooms
- 2 ribs of celery, sliced
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 to 2 cups quinoa
- 1 to 3 Tbsp Braggs Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce) to taste
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- Cook onion through celery in a skillet on medium heat. Adding water and stirring as food sticks.
- Once veggies are cooked but still "tender-crisp" add the cooked chickpeas, cooked quinoa, and Braggs and mix together.
- Add the diced pineapple and fold it in gently.
This is a great dinner meal and also works well as leftovers the next day. The sweetness of the pineapple plays well with the variety of veggies. This meal is naturally gluten-free if made with Tamari or Braggs Liquid Aminos. Soy sauce contains gluten so you shouldn’t use it if you are intolerant or allergic.
This makes 2-3 servings with some leftovers. We usually enjoy multiple servings.