I love chickpeas! They are a versatile plant-based staple in our house. I have a whole bag in my pantry and several cans, it’s one food I don’t want to run out of. If you aren’t in love with chickpeas, you should check out my Favorite Plant-Based Chickpea Recipes!
This page contains affiliate links. That means I could make a small commission if you make a purchase using my link.
In case you don’t know, Chickpeas and Garbanzo Beans are the same thing. You may see the terms used interchangeably.
You can buy chickpeas at most grocery stores in the dried bean area or the canned bean area. I prefer to buy chickpeas in bulk. My favorites are the Palouse Brand. You can taste the difference. The chickpeas are Non-GMO Project Verified, non-irradiated, USA Grown and field traced so you’ll be able to find out the exact field they were grown in.
- These Kabuli Sierra Garbanzo Beans are as fresh as you can find! How many other people can tell you the exact field location and date we seeded and harvested?
- Field Traced (Identity Preserved) - each bag comes with a code you can enter on our website to identify the field the product was grown in and harvest date.
- We are proud to be Certified Kosher Parve, Non-GMO Project Verified, Food Alliance Certified and carry the quality seal from the USA Dry Pea & Lentil Council.
- Our food products are NOT Irradiated (an accepted practice that exposes your food to radiation for sterilization). Our Garbanzo Beans will sprout!
- BRAND NEW RE-SEALABLE KRAFT Packaging! 4 LBS [Launched 3/10/2020]
When I buy dried chickpeas, I usually cook them in my Instant Pot. It’s quicker and easier than cooking them on the stove.
Plant-Based Chickpea Recipes
I always have canned chickpeas in my pantry. They taste delicious when made into dips, added to salads, and mixed into stir-fry’s. You can even transform them into something else entirely like my Chickpea Nuggets.
Even the liquid you get when cooking chickpeas, aquafaba, can be turned into a whipped consistency like meringue.